View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 02:51 PM   #149
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
IEEE said Comcast (and others) bought software to subvert VoIP traffic. Comcast bought software but did not use it?
I found the 2006 (!) post where you pointed out the IEEE article

The article points out that Comcast was "a customer" of Narus, the network management company that build VoIP-subverting software. But Narus built a lot of network management software.

The article points out that Narus's software can "secure, analyze, monitor, and mediate any traffic in an IP network" and that "Comcast Corp., in Philadelphia, the country's largest cable company, is already a Narus customer; Narus declined to say whether Comcast uses the VoIP-blocking capabilities."

Which is normal. You don't disclose your customer's interests. This tells us nothing; Comcast bought software that did 100 things, and one of the 100 things was the capability to subvert voice traffic. Big deal. We would need to show they were using it.

But again, that is utterly simple. I've personally done that kind of debugging for Fax over IP calls, at my last job.

All the VoIP providers would have an interest in finding and showing this subversion. It was very much in their interests to do so, in the first rounds of net neutrality discussions. They DID find it at another, smaller ISP. They DID NOT find it at Comcast.

Quote:
UT knows Comcast does not subvert net neutrality even after caught subverting other traffic.
It was trivial to show that other traffic was subverted. It would have been easy to show that VoIP traffic was subverted. But you can't find a link for that, even when provided a large motivation.

No money for you. 13 years of not being able to prove this. How long are you going to repeat your lie?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote