View Single Post
Old 06-02-2004, 01:12 PM   #1
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I Have this Weird Thing Happening

I participate on several online forums (forae?) in addition to The Cellar.

I have never had any problems accessing these various systems or seeing graphics or whatnot displayed.

Until now.

A friend of mine has started a phpBB forum. All of the text stuff displays fine for me, but none of the graphics do ... that includes buttons and smileys, but ONLY stuff that is hosted out of her own server ... for example, if I link to pics that I'm hosting remotely, those display okay ... everything else I get either a "broken link" notification or the phpBB default, i.e., text describing the missing item.

She is also operating her personal website off the same server space ... same problem text displays fine, graphics show only as broken links.

This is ONLY a problem from my home computer. It's fine when I access it from work. I have tried both Netscape and Internet Explorer browers. My security settings are "medium" for the most part. I have specifically allowed cookies and popups from this site, in case that's the problem. Someone had suggested that it might be a firewall issue, but since I don't have this problem with any other website, I'm doubting that.

This is more annoying than problematic, but I didn't know if anyone had run into this before and had a quick fix. I also know that several of the folks here have experience with the phpBB interface.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote