View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 03:16 PM   #1868
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I'm sure he won't have any trouble getting funding now, but the accolades will have to be posthumous.
Yes, the Statue of Liberty underwater is an overblown scenario, before that could happen half the east coast would be submerged including my house more than 100 miles from the shore.
As I see it climate change is going to be a problem for future generations, the argument is whether it's our fault and can we do anything to stop it.
Even Shaviv say part of it is our doing, so anything we do to slow it down will help. Not just ambient air temperature rise, but acidification and temperature rise of the oceans is very important.

Ford Motor Co., BMW AG, Volkswagen Group, and Honda Motor Co. have signed a deal with CA to a 3.7% annual improvement starting in the 2022 model year through 2026, and 1% of that could be covered by credits for building electrics. I would assume the electrics would have to go to CA, not national, to be credited. They came to this agreement because this sort of change requires advance planning and political footballs don't allow for that.