View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 01:37 PM   #1
chrisinhouston
Professor

Somehow I injured my knee

I guess at 63 I should just see it as a sign of aging but I managed to injure my right knee, I somehow over stressed the big hamstring tendons behind the knee joint.

I had arthroscopic surgery last October on my left knee for a torn meniscus that I got while attempting to tag my granddaughter out at an imaginary 3rd base as we played some softball in our back yard. I think that I probably favor the left knee now, still have a bit of pain and discomfort from the surgery and some arthritis there.

So last week on Tuesday I walked for an hour at the mall which I do a few times a week. It's open early for walkers and is quiet and air conditioned. The walk was not out of my ordinary routine but I did notice the upper thigh felt stiff later on if I crossed my right over my left at my desk. Then on Wednesday I mowed my lawn like I do every week, self propelled mower so I just walk behind it.

Leg got worse so on Thursday I called my orthopedic Dr. He couldn't fit me in for 10 days so I found another nearby who could see me this past Tuesday. I was on crutches most of the weekend. Can't put any tension on the tendons or it really hurts, standing straight or walking with a straight leg is ok. He saw me and said nothing was broken which I knew and gave me orders for an MRI.

MRI's are popular but I was able to get one the next morning, Wednesday and I see the Dr. today at 4 pm. He wanted to see the MRI before proceeding and maybe doing a cortisone shot to relieve the inflammation. Hope we can get this leg fixed, my wife and I leave for Singapore in 2 1/2 weeks and I know we will need to do some walking there for sight seeing.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote