View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 01:35 PM   #5
chrisinhouston
Professor

Well I saw the Dr whom I really like and gets very good marks form some of my neighbors who have seen him.

The MRI showed I have "severe degeneration and small free edge tear of the posterior horn of the medial meniscus". Most likely the meniscus has just worn out and torn in a thin spot. The medial meniscus take about 70% of the shock and motion when you walk or run. The Dr compared it to a car that is running fine and then one day won't start or has a flat.

He have me a cortisone shot just under the edge of the knee cap and warned me it may swell a bit and to use ice to reduce swelling and pain. Holy crap, I woke up at 2 am and it really hurt and it was hard to get back to sleep. I took some Tylenol 3 and it feels a bit better now but all I did was get dressed and go sit at my computer. I've had the shots in my left knee and they never hurt like that but I think this was a bigger injection.

The good thing is the back of the knee that did hurt doesn't seem to as much so hopefully it will improve over the next few days. He wants me to do PT and come see him after 4 weeks of that. I go to Singapore in 18 days so will take a break from the PT but hopefully the PT will help strengthen muscles and teach me what to do to not cause further damage but I will probably need repair surgery as this is degenerative.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote