View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 05:44 PM   #12509
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Well, it's taken a month but I finally managed to get a groceries delivery slot *hurrah*

... sort of.

There were no delivery slots available for regular grocery shopping (where you put together your own list) from Tesco, Morrisons or Sainsburys - but there were available slots for Morrisons 'Food Boxes'.

I have been wanting to try one of these - just because I think its a genius idea.

https://www.morrisons.com/food-boxes/boxes

I went for the meat eaters food box. Contents variable, but should contain something along the lines of:

Quote:
Canned baked beans, soup and pasta sauce

Milk

Dairy products such as butter and cheese

Bread

Rice and pasta

Meat products, such as sausage, bacon and cooked meat

Vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots and onions

Fresh meat such as chicken or beef

Essential household items
£35 including delivery - supposedly enough basics (not including coffee, tea sugar or breakfast cereal) for 1 week for 2 people - so definitely enough for me for over a week

I will keep trying for a slot for a full groceries list but if this works out then it should at least allow me to cut down my trips to the village shop down to once or twice a week instead of every 2nd or 3rd day.

Pet food I can mainly order separately online and my neighbour gave me a phone number for a local dairy that are doing 3x a week deliveries of fresh milk, butter, eggs and I think yoghurt

The idea of a preset shopping list of basics really appeals to me. I think even without the current crisis, it's a genius idea. And then supplement it with stuff from the local shop - means not having to go to the supermarket at all.

Right now cutting down the number of times I have to go into the shop at all, and also cutting down the amount of time I spend in the shop when I do go in, by reducing the number o items I have to buy in there is a very good thing.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote