View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 06:36 PM   #22
marichiko

Quote:
Originally posted by Troubleshooter

True, there is a surface similarity, but I ask you this:

How do you change the mind of all of people who believe, on a religious level that we have to die?

And just so we're clear, I don't like the idea, I just see it as the only solution that is going to stop the attacks.

I don't like the idea of eliminating options simply because they are distateful.
OK, you want a neat solution? Here is one proposed to me (humorously, I hasten to add) by a retired Air Force Colonel who is an expert on foreign affairs. Don't kill the population. Merely use the strength of our military to force them out of their homes. Use a sort of scorched earth tactic to force hundreds of thousands of Moslems out of their countries and push them toward Central Asia. The influx of Moslem refugees will become a great annoyance to our pals in China. The Chinese have shown themselves to be capable of no mercy toward foreigners. They will send out their own military to rid themselves of the Moslem intruders. We will then have killed two birds with one stone, ridding the oil producing region of those who oppose us and distracting China from any thoughts it might have of world power on other fronts. The Chinese economy will also become weakened by this military expenditure on their part. Meanwhile, we will look like good guys in comparison, because we didn't actually kill anybody, just drove them out at gun point. It will be the Chinese who end up with the actual blood on their hands.

There. Happy now?