View Single Post
Old 04-22-2001, 11:50 PM   #13
jaguar
whig

Post Religion

Thankyou to the guy that quoted me, he made a better point of making the point iwas kinda making. BUt yes, religion and state are i agree, best kept seperate, most of hte longest and bloodiest conflicts (not WARS msot of the time) are religion based, balkans, kasmir, Northern ireland, and isrel to name a few, and in past and ancient time the acts commited in the name of 'god' are often by far the worst ever, from the slaughter of entire towns (in the bible) to torture, rape etc. THe point i'd like to make tho is that those acts often violate the laws of those religions. THer is nothing in the thorah about destroying womens right for instance. Religion is used as acover for thsoe wishing to commit terible acts, look at norther ireland, its obvious some factions will not stop spreading terorr, becuse THEY LIKE IT, slayings in Ambon, Indonseia are commited in in the name of islam (and christian god) are jsut an excuseto kill people, to vent anger over other issues, to rape, pillage and plunder. The biggest pandoras box we ever opened was religion, hoefuly rational, logical thought and science can eventully close it again. The other point i'd like to make is that religion thse days seems to be either becoming really, really weak, encompassing everyhting and anyhting or really, really hardcore, its a cover for people insecurity's, and its dangerous.