View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004, 08:42 AM   #7
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Yeah, we pretty much came to that conclusion, too.

15 months ago, Greg was shacking up with the chick he got pregnant. He has a son by a previous relationship, and was ready to give Hrvoje adoption rights to Dylan. 13 months ago, the papers were already signed by her and Greg, so she filed them and left for Croatia. Since they were doing it with no attorney, she messed up on some pages, so they rejected it. I went down there and picked the papers up, then Greg came and got them from me to correct, and since she was in Croatia, he magically changed his mind and decided to file himself. Then he moved to Missouri and had to wait for residency. Then he moves to Illinois and had to wait for residency. Then he went back to Kingman and waited on residency. Then he needed the money. The only reason he's in Kingman is that his parents are there, and he's living with them with 2 of his 3 kids.

He's doing the child support thing because he claims he can't work (has for the last 3 years) but whenever there's an SCA meeting or anything, he's perfectly fine to jump around and sword fight. We're not dealing with the most moral or upright person here. In fact, the reason Kelle and I met in the first place is because he was cheating on us with us.

But all that back history doesn't matter. I told her the other night that we need to look at this from an outsiders viewpoint. And it's pretty bleak. I will have her call the judge though, and see if that helps, and if not, I'll have her check into the media thing. Never thought of that, Mari.

I wondered if it was possible to get a special power of attorney for my dad or something, to represent her in court. (I can't afford to fly out to Kingman, and I certainly don't want to see that son of a bitch again, just for all the shit he put ME through.)

Anyway, we'll go that way... if anything happens to come to mind, please don't hesitate to post it... I'll keep you all informed.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote