View Single Post
Old 07-20-2004, 02:19 PM   #11
breakingnews
Q_Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_TimE

2. Taiwan IS A PATR OF CHINA!! Anyone attempt to disrupt China MUST will be blessed!! And Chinese goverment NEVER GIVE UP solving the problem by FORCE!! If Taiwan declares independence i think Chinese military circles won't turn a blind eye to it!! A just war may not be avoided.
Wow, when did I miss this thread (under the coy guise of a rainstorm in Beijing, probably).

Taiwan deserves its independence, particularly as a country that for 50-60 years has worked diligently at progressing its own politics and economy. In the golden ages, one would not be surprised at the prospect of a war, but this is 2004 and that is just ridiculous. Taiwan and most of eastern China are far, far beyond third-world status.

What the hell does China want with an island the size of New Jersey, anyway? To feed off its export economy, which is far superior (in proportion) to China's GDP (which actually isn't so bad, just diluted by a large population).

U.S. has pledged its support for Taiwan in the event of an assault - Naval fleet will move out of Japan and other South Pacific bases can mobilize quickly. That would be a spectacular clash of nations.

President Chen has my full support and that of my entire family as well. I hope China will come to its senses one day and rid of this ridiculous "special autonomous region" bullshit.
breakingnews is offline   Reply With Quote