View Single Post
Old 08-27-2004, 11:26 AM   #29
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Pennsylvania is set up such that you (at least I) only have limited interaction with the DMV. Every four years I have to go and get a new license picture taken, and that's about it, at least since the time I was 16 and had to go to the State Police Barracks for my learner's permit and then driver's license tests.

Because of my work schedule, I'm able to go for the picture at "off" times ... Early afternoon. I think the last time I was there the whole picture thing took about 15 minutes, including waiting for it to be printed.

The only downside is that I have to try to judge my place in line to avoid having the woman I've admitted several times be the one to process my license.

Everything else (motor vehicle registration, etc.) is handled by mail or online. I'm pretty anal about making sure that the paperwork is in order and ontime, so I've never had to pay extra for the FASTAG people to send stuff in for me.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote