Thread: Online Dating
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 11:11 AM   #1
garnet

Online Dating

Being a thirty-something single woman who doesn't frequent bars, I've found it pretty tough to meet guys. A couple weeks ago I joined one of the many online dating services. I had a couple of pretty "blah" dates--one guy was a bit of a jerk, and with the other there was just no chemistry.

To make a long story short, the next guy I went out with turned out to be an absolute DREAM come true. He's super sweet, intelligent, funny and has a good stable job--not to mention the fact that he's VERY good-looking! We've been on three dates and we're both having a blast. We have tons of stuff in common, and we just talk and laugh constantly. My question is this--I've heard so many bad stories about online dating gone awry. Is it possible to meet Mr. or Ms. Right online? I tend to be very cautious about this stuff, but it just seems like I've hit the jackpot with this one. I'm old and wise enough to be skeptical, but I'm trying not to be too skeptical! Any advice, thoughts or success stories out there?
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote