View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 04:31 PM   #7
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

A few years ago a friend of mine asked me to watch his dog for a night because his landlord found out about the dog and he had to find a new apartment. It was a cinamon colored Chow (the stupidist of all dogs). Ten hours later his dog was dead.

My friend told me not to put him on a leash because he would go crazy and he hated it. The dog was whining all night and I didn't get any sleep, so I woke up in the morning and opened the door to take him out for a walk and he promptly ran straight ni front of a van that hit him in the face. His jaw was broken and blood was everywhere. He was yelping and ran into my apartment and was running all over getting blood on everything. I lived next to a vet so I wrapped the dog in a towel and took him to the vet and they had to put him down. It was gross and traumatic and sad. I'm glad my friend didn't see it.

Then I had to call my friend to tell him. I paid the bill to put the dog down, but my friend never stopped reminding me that I killed his dog.

I don't mind saying I bought a dog, because a dog is property every bit as much as a table or a chair. They are your friend, your property, etc. Actually I do mind saying I paid for a dog. I prefer to get them for free.