View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 08:50 AM   #1
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Strange parallels in religion...

I stumbled across this article recently. It's pretty interesting.

http://altreligion.about.com/library.../aa052902a.htm

Here's a couple of excerpts...

Quote:
An inscription in the Vatican states plainly, "He who will not eat of my body, nor drink of my blood, so that he may be one with me and I with him, shall not be saved." This is not terribly surprising, unless you consider that this is inscribed on the remains of the temple the Vatican was built on- one dedicated to the God Mithras.
Quote:
Thousands of years before Jesus, there was another passion story told about a God man, born of a virgin mother, in a stable. He travels about with his followers, preaching and performing miracles, including turning water into wine. Eventually, he incurs the wrath of the religious authorities, who are appalled that he refers to himself as a god. He allows himself to be arrested and tried for blasphemy. He is found guilty and executed, only to rise from the grave three days later, where the women weeping at his tomb do not recognize him until he assumes his divine form- as the God Dionysus.