View Single Post
Old 09-30-2004, 10:07 PM   #17
kash
Rapscallion

404Error: I don't think that the Illuminati would accept me as a member
   No, i had in mind something like what alphageek31337 was expressing: a global body that could pass laws that would have to be enforced by every nation. Now, the question on the law issue is what extent the global body can influence the national body. (Would there even be national bodies?) Human rights and civil rights are a must, in my opinion. We already have the Geneva Convention to cover war, which could be expanded upon or replaced. Criminal acts would probably be defined by the national body (again, if there are even national bodies - property is already distributed, some areas are disputed - Palestine, Kashmir, and other areas with divided ethnicities) or even take it down to the equivalent of the American county being responsible for defining criminal acts? (legalization of drugs, for example) Global tax? It would help distribute wealth to needy underdeveloped nations - which will increase their own income in the future.

I don't really see any obvious way, other than a globally enforced human and civil rights accord, to stop the abuse by certain nations of their workers.
-kash
kash is offline   Reply With Quote