View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 08:50 AM   #7
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

A wave of engineering and design work coming?

Searches for engineering/design related work using all different forms of cad systems is producing encouraging results

This is the breakdown from Yahoo hot jobs. The seach word "unigraphics" returns 45 entries. The makeup of the entries suggests things are picking up.

July - 2 total
Aug - 2 total
Sept - 22 total
Oct - 19 total.....in the first 3 days

If you are an engineer, designer, toolmaker, or ball-twiddler with 5+ years of recent UG experience and willing to do contract work, go kiss your wallet. Console it, caress it and tell it there will be money inside it soon. The rates for the jobs listed so far are between 15 and 45 bucks an hour. It's too early to say for certain that the jobs will actually pick up in a substancial way, but wow, this looks encouraging.

The resume requests from jobshops arent specific about the product or contract, but some of the bigger requests ( 20 or more positons available ) are labeled "defense" or "military".

And if you are one of these contractor types, I probably know you. There are only about 500 of these folks that drift from one side of the country to the other.

So....once you get in somewhere.....help slang out. Throw me a rope!

Does this really surprise me? No, Bush needs a boom for re-election! SHOW MEEEE the jobs buddy!
slang is offline   Reply With Quote