View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 04:43 PM   #1
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Update on my Career change

Well now I have had the most interesting and challenging month for a long time. This seems to have come at the cost of all my freetime but hey! Beggars can't be choosers and I was crying out for something with some kind of point to it, to fill my otherwise rather bland life ( discounting the drug soaked rave parties, cannabusiness conventions and music festivals) .

Yesterday I spent two hours teaching a 25 year old Pakistani woman to read 3 letter words. Whilst she was practising writing out the alphabet I worked with the rest of the pre entry group ( 7 students of mixed age and ability) on forming sentences.

Wow. Without a doubt the most rewarding working month of my adult life.

Because I am a trainee I have a monthly review. In this monthly review my trainer has to make a few notes about my progress.....I saw the review for this month and one line of my trainer's comments really made my day. She wrote "the students have accepted her as a tutor". I had a smile on my face all day after reading that.

On the downside my house looks like a bomb hit it. I seem to have absolutely no time to do anything. Every few days I do a quick rescue job but I am so wiped out by this month that it's rarely anything more thorough......Oh yes and I am flat broke. Had to drop my hours at the pipe company and theyre the hours that put food on th table and money in the landlord's bank account :P

But.....First month is over and I am starting to get used to the additional workload and the pressure and the studies and the having to look respectable when i go to work etc Tonight is the first Friday night since I started this venture, that hasnt seen me deeply tired and barely able to make it through "Will and Grace" and "Greenwing".

Oh.....in case anyone is interested the drink in my hand is a Pint of Hen's Tooth *grins*

Last edited by DanaC; 10-15-2004 at 05:17 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote