View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 12:49 PM   #9
dasviper
Belt Conveyor

Cool! Well, 15 minutes is more considerable than a lot of people would put into a landscape. I'd like to try large format some time, but haven't gotten my hands on a camera yet. (The closest I own is a YashicaMat 124G TLR). I'm headed into photojournalism, so I've been really pleased to see the work that David Burnett has been doing with a Speed Graphic and other "obsolete" tools. It breaks my heart that I'll soon spend $5000 on a digital camera that will be as good as a paperweight in 50 years, while a wood-and-brass beauty like yours is still going strong.

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot
Rob,
Not considerable trouble at all, about 15 minutes. It was done as a joke for a friend who is also a photographer. I kept the jpeg and figured I'd post it. It probably took longer to upload than to stitch.

These were from about fifteen years ago. Since then I've run at least 10,000 sheets of film through the camera. BTW, the camera is built like a tank. It still looks brand new.

Not all of the 10,000 sheets are personal work. more than half are probably work work.

What would you like to see? how about: