View Single Post
Old 04-23-2002, 02:09 PM   #88
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

Where are you looking for DoA? Amazon has it for $20, I'm sure my local EB Gameworld has it preowned for much less than $40, and I believe the PSX version does indeed have the boingy-boingy. Next time I'm in the area I'll check price and availability. (Where can you find the import Saturn version for less than that, besides?)

Try www.icedragon.com/mod/saturncon.html for a pretty good Saturn modification guide. www.ncsx.com/satmod.html has a similar guide, as does www.gamesx.com/importmod/saturncon.htm.

Saturn memory cartridges are high, if you can find them. The official Sega memory backup cart is 8MB, if I recall correctly, and was priced accordingly; figure $35-40 as a minimum even now. There are also RAM carts (used only with certain import games, mostly Capcom fighters), and hybrid cards like the Action Replay series (which combine country-code negation, Game Shark-ish code entry, RAM in some cases, and "passive" saves (meaning you can't save directly to it, but can only swap files to and from it in the Saturn's memory manager)).

The switch-mod and the genuine backup cart are the ideal solutions, but an Action Replay or ST-Key is a decent short-term solution. (The Saturn does have some built-in save-game memory space, so you can go without an expensive card.) Stay far away from the Interact Memory Card Plus -- like most Interact products, it's a steaming turd.
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote