Thread: crushes
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 11:45 PM   #5
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

My absolute first crush was on a hot little blonde number in the fourth grade. I still remember her name. And nearly everything else about her.

Not until the ninth grade would that crush be eclipsed by a crush of galactic proportion. This crush, which shifted the very axis of rotation of planet earth, lasted through my senior year. That's a long time at that age. We became very good friends but we were both very messed up kids. She was too pretty for her own good and ended up getting knocked up by an older guy resulting in an abortion. College and life separated us permanently.

It would be ten more years before I had another crush of that magnitude. A beautiful girl from New York passed through Atlanta and took my heart with her back to New York. I chased her up there but it was not meant to be. I retreated and fell back into a relationship that provided purpose for me but little else. This relationsip almost ruined my life. Thank God for friends who aren't afraid to lay out the cards.

It would be another ten years before the very foundations of reality would shake again. I realized quickly that this one was a keeper and made it official. That was nine years and two beautiful children ago. And we are still exploring our relationship.