View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 09:12 AM   #6
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Ok, one important thing is to remember that there really is nothing wrong with your body. Your heart may beat, but it really doesn't matter; it's made to do that, and it won't be hurt by just beating hard. In fact if you were a runner, you might make your heart do that every day for an hour.

Once the symptoms begin, don't sit there and listen in to them. They are alarming, and you might say oh shit here we go again, but really it's just adrenaline and other such signals tells your body to fight or flight. You have to sort of get used to it; your body has just told you there's a problem and there is no problem. You can't fight it; you just have to float on past.

Weed is thought to aggravate the condition but I personally have had panic/anxiety problems both during periods of use AND non-use. I'm different of course in that my condition is chronic. I think people are all different on this and you have to find your own road. Weed definitely causes panic amongst new users of it, but if you don't experience periods of anxiety while on it, my non-professional opinion is that it's usually a wash. Caffeine is the drug that makes people jittery and pokes their nervous system, but you don't question that because everyone does it.

Also, you didn't mention any life change that could cause stress and we know there is at least one big one.

You should measure your response to this by how much you alter your life. If you find that you are avoiding things because of it, not just occasionally but regularly, that's the point at which it's becoming something you should address harder.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote