Thread: God? Faith?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 12:04 PM   #85
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
And TS - do you really believe that one must have a noticeable void in one's life to seek God? i have always had "perfect" vision, so i never questioned my eyes. (yes, i choose to deny the aging process). i was at the eye dr's one day and decided to check my eyes out - not really thinking there were any issues. it turns out that i do need glasses for reading. i didn't realize i had a need until i had something to meet the unknown need right in front of my eyes. i can now see better than ever because of the glasses i didn't know i needed.

just a thought.
Not a bad thought except for the fact that there is nothing to compare my vision against. There is no way to say that God is lacking in my life if Vishnu is the real deal. There is no way to say that I am missing Odin in my life if Cthulhu is the real deal.

What is the real deal?

And yes, I believe that people use religion/faith to fill a void in their lives even if they don't realize it. Otherwise what's the point?

Well, there's that whole ethnic cleansing thing but that's a whole other debate.