View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 02:33 PM   #7
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Even if you could

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
I'd like to see the writing myself. 18 year olds are capable of lying, you know. Why was he writing a "story for English class" in his personal "journal?" And his own grandparents are the ones who found it and gave it to police, so either they don't know their grandson at all, or they know him better than we do.
What could you discern from reading it yourself? What would you look for? You can't incite to riot in a freakin personal journal, other people gotta hear/see it.

**FICTION ALERT** (This means you AG Gonsalez) If I wrote "Zombies will take over the White House" **End Alert**, does my mail automatically get forwarded to Gitmo?

Is he guilty of a f*cking thoughtcrime?!?! Look, I saw Minority Report, I read 1984, and I understand they're also works of fiction. Some folks seem to think it's real though.

God, it's sad, no, tragic to think that we have to PREEMPT every bad thing that might happen. All that Sysiphean task accomplishes is more worry and more jumping at shadows and more conformity and more innocent people persecuted out of fear.

I will not live in fear.

What does it matter that this side or that is responsible for the elimination of our civil liberties. I can hear it now: "I had to burn the Constitution in order to save it".

Lord, help us.

Last edited by BigV; 03-03-2005 at 02:35 PM.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote