View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 11:53 AM   #10
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter
You missed with your emphasis there, thought I'd tighten in up for you a little bit.
No, the emphasis was exactly where I wanted it, thanks. Namely, in the word CREATOR, meaning the founding fathers believed in a Creator God.

Quote:
Published in 1891, the original states, 'I pledge allegiance to my Flag and (to) the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.'

'To' was added in 1892.
So? It's still in there, isn't it?

Quote:
Which in no way takes away from the idea that others should be able to worship, or not, as their beliefs dictate.
I absolutely agree. That's what this country was founded on.

Quote:
The governmental imprimatur, as alluded to in your above statement is what is used as a hammer on people of alternative, or no, religion.
I don't care who you worship or IF you worship. That was not the point of my post. Since this is one of those cases I was obtuse, let me try to clarify my point:

The founding documents of this country have not one thing to do with separation of church and state, or else they would not be worded as they are. (No one has mentioned the fact that God is on all our money yet....)

I have a problem with the author (of the quoted first post)s repeated use of the separation of church and state, as if it was a mandate from the founding of this country that there will be no mix of the two, when obviously that's not the case.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote