View Single Post
Old 05-23-2002, 11:02 AM   #146
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

http://quakedev.dcemulation.com is the best source I've found. It has the non-id files available for download in .rar archives, along with some patch files (JoyMenu 1.3 is highly recommended, and it's a snap to add and compile as it's just an extra .pak file). UnRAR the files, add in your .pak files from PC Quake, compile and burn. (Then hope that your DC is old enough to be CDR-friendly. CDRWs will not work under any circumstances.)

www.dcemulation.com, krypt.dyndns.org:81/dcfactory and www.zophar.net are also good sources of information and source files for Dreamcast emulation projects. I have working Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Atari 800/5200 and Genesis emulators already, and will probably give the Odyssey^2 emu a crack when I get home. I haven't gotten around to compiling MAMEDC yet...

There are a handful of different ways of compiling QuakeDC, some of which are explained on the quakedev page. Non-self-booting versions are easier, but will require a boot disc (the Utopia Boot Disc v1.1 being the most infamous of these, which isn't too hard to find). Self-booting discs require a bit more file-hacking and I'm not going to try to explain it in forty words or less here. The Echelon self-boot tutorial (insert those words into Google for more) does a good job of explaining the process and listing the necessary applications.

Let me know if you need any help or advice (PM me with your email or something, so as not to put it out there for ye olde spamharvesters).
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote