View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 10:34 AM   #23
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

I guess I just don't see the NEED. We have boatloads of vacation and sick leave...from the first day I started here, I earned 12hrs of sick and 16hrs of vacation per pay period (month). By the time I had my daughter, my accumulated time gave me a 100% paid maternity leave, AND i was even adding to my time while away, so when I came back, i still had a couple days to spare! Pay is what Pay is. We aren't exactly doing research for profit, and anyway, I'm not at this to get rich. My boss gives me what he can, I see the budget, and he gives me extra flexability instead of extra $$. To me, knowing my boss understands and supports that I'm a mom first, and a scientist second is worth millions.

The Operations Manual covers everything from hours to work, to grievance procudures, to raises to you name it. AND ITS FREE! I don't have to pay a monthly due to be covered by it.