View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 09:15 AM   #42
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman
...this confirms what I knew all along: that we are all the same. I was demonstrating by revealing my inner thoughts (that most people would be too embarrassed to admit) that we all think the same. We all think we're special/unique/destined for greatness. I thought by examining this thought process in painful detail (using me as an example, as usual) this might become clear.
Ah, NOW it's a true Catwoman thread. After a reasonable discussion wherein she asks for answers, she does a quick 180 and begins to claim that she was leading us all along, just trying to teach us closed-minded sheep what the important things in life are.

I submit that you did not "know all along" anything. You had a moment of self-doubt, started a thread about it, got many responses on other ways to look at and solve your problem--and now that you're feeling better, your defense mechanism has kicked in to prevent you from admitting you genuinely sought help from other people. You now act as if you revealed your inner thoughts (which you acknowledge would be embarassing for some other people...) solely because you had a philisophical point to make.

I think that it is this intellectual dishonesty with yourself that causes you to feel unfulfilled and unremarkable. Because you fundamentally feel all people are unremarkable, and your way of trying to rise above that is by "teaching" others, convincing yourself that you know and understand more than they do. If instead you can look at the glass as half-full, i.e. everyone is remarkable, and find satisfaction in what you are already doing and being, then you won't need to whitewash your self-doubt as being merely a philisophical exercise.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote