Thread: BBQ season
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 09:26 AM   #5
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Q-season goes year round around here , YES i have been seen standing in the snow in insulated coveralls, beer in hand befor .
That is a sweet LITTLE portable grill , if you are realy getting into grilling i would suggest expanding your arsonal a bit , for years we have been webber fans http://www.weber.com/bbq/ , charcoal ONLY , we both think it tastes better , though gas would be more conveniont . This year we got a larger charcole grill , i'll try and get a pic .

Main dishes , K-bobs ( pronounced Kay-Bobs ) are fun to play with lots of different ways to make them , Carol uses bonless country pork ribs , sweet vidalia onions , 2-3 different color pepers , and 'shrouns , all maranaded in Italion dressing .
I have given out our hot wing resape a few times here ,
Beer can chicken is VERRY good and can be made MANY different ways , we are working on a HOT chicken resape , like hot wings but the whole chicken is spiced up and injected with the hot goodness

we have NEVER tried pizza but i am game one day ( i have a small sand blaster if it fails )

Now as to side dishes , a few we like to do ,
Vidalia onions , peel off the out side nastyness , quarter the onion,cut most of the way thru but not all the way , but a few slices of butter in these slits , wrap in foil , put this on the grill but to the side , they are done when they are no longer firm ,, unwrap , don't loose the juice

Trout , cook trout much the same way as the onions , clean the guts and what not out , slice some onion thin , for every trout to be grilled put 3-4 slices of onion inside , a few slices of butter , wrap in foil , and put them to the side of the fire , turn every now and then , when you smell fish they are done , un wrap , if done correctly you should be able to lift one side of the fish off and grab the back bone and lift it out in ONE peice

Much more , but i seem to be rambling
A larger grill will expand the possabilatys as to what you can cook , oh go to welding supply store and look at there gloves , you won't find better and less expencive heat proff gloves ANY where !!!!!!!