View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 04:29 AM   #101
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhe
I'm merely saying that if the bastard is guilty, then hang him. Or let him come live with you. Either way suits me just fine.
Brilliant. If he came to live with me, I'd handcuff him to the radiator and keep him talking until I work out what the fuck kind of mutation occurred in his neurotransmitters. Unlike you, what is most important to me is finding out the truth about life, and I ain't gonna go round destroying it until I know what I'm playing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySidhe
Catwoman: You're not going to change my mind, and I'm not going to change yours bla bla bla don't argue bla bla bla I won't come around to your point of view. Not going to happen. I hold my beliefs as strongly as you hold yours, for reasons that, to me, are probably as strong as your reasons are to you. What makes you more right?
1. An Englishman, an Irishman and a North American are about to buy a new car. They all have to travel 10 miles to work everyday. The Englishman buys a small hatchback that does 50 miles per gallon because it is economical. The American buys a year's subway pass to help save the environment. The Irishman buys a bicycle.

2. Who is right? Is it a matter of opinion, or point of view? Does it depend 'how you look at it'?

3. No. The Irishman is right, because his is the most sensible solution. You have more freedom on a bike, it keeps you fit, helps the environment, costs less etc etc.

4. The Englishman might say 'well, in my opinion, the car will cost less in the long term than a subway pass, and I can't ride a bike, so this is the best option. But what he really means is, this is the best option for me. Not the best option period.

5. There is always one overriding truth in any situation.

6. Opinions may be right, they may not. I'm not saying mine IS right, just that there is a right answer.

7. I want to try and find that right answer, and know I'm probably a long way off.

8. It's a shame that no one else cares about finding it.

But I accept that your opinion is more important to you than the truth. No hard feelings.