View Single Post
Old 06-09-2002, 08:20 PM   #84
jaguar
whig

syc i know the second amendment to quote myself
Quote:
Each nation has its own collection of political lobby groups and socio-political hang-ups,
Mabye i should have made it more clear what i was refering to, my equlancy tends to fail early in the morning (its now 11am here). I agree, education is essential, life oppotunities and all that are the key - any solution i think is better than arming the populace in some desperate bid for self-defence as a substitute to an effective police force. Yes the word imagine would have thrown me off too =)

Quote:
Law enforcement? Sure; they make the laws, they can enforce them. But personal defense? A different matter entirely. Law enforcement just means they track down and punish anyone who breaks the laws (they do a bad job at this, and not just in the US, but that's another story). Thing is, if someone's attacking me, I'm MUCH more interested in stopping the attack than in whether they are punished afterwards.
If you know you're gooing to be caught afterwards you're not going to do it are you, or less likely. While the cops here aren't a perfect bunch they generally seem to do a pretty good job - i'm judging that by the experience of myself and those around me

pink has nice teeth.

Last edited by jaguar; 06-09-2002 at 08:22 PM.
jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote