View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 03:58 PM   #1631
Neurotica
Part-time internet junkie

I'm guilty of not wading through this entire thing and checking to see that this hasn't already been posted.

LiveJournal on random

Now, this is a sort of masochistic interesting. The random feature seems to pull up the journals whose owners are really scraping the bottom of the intelligence, interest, personality, and writing style pool. Spend just 5 minutes refreshing for a new random journal and I bet the average age of owner will be 15. You'll see at least 3 anorexia/"thinspiration" journals, 5 journals full of emo poetry and references to self-injury, 1 journal that is soley for posting nude pictures (we're going to hope this user is over 18, thus inflating your average to 15), and no journals that show even a minimum grasp of grammar and spelling.

Now, there are worthwhile journals and communities over there. But with so much utter crap on there, you're statistically bound to pull up the painfullly hilarious stuff. I like to pretend that LJ just blocks the good stuff on Random though.

Geez, I hope no one pulls up my journal doing this. (No, my user name there is not "Neurotica".)
Neurotica is offline   Reply With Quote