View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 07:05 PM   #23
warch
lurkin old school

Racism is the simplistic, but passionate, historically based argument. Bye bye blackbird. And I can see how it would sting at bit.

Incompetence or racism? I'm going with incompetence exaserbated by classism and lack of political clout.

What was revealed to me was what living in poverty and/or being elderly during a natural disaster looks like. Desperate. Unfortunatly expendible. The working poor.

Why did it take so long to get the military there?
Should Bush get some blame? He's the CEO after all. He waited too many days, flew in, noted inadequacies and within hours the choppers landed and turned the tide. Why the wait? When Harry Connick can drive right in safely days ealier, why cant a truck of water or a bus? The excuses are so lame.
Glad that James Lee Witt, former kick ass FEMA director that Bush let go, was hired by Gov Blanco to coordinate there. Bet she's wishing she'd gone to the private consultant earlier.
Brown turns out basically to be a lawyer college buddy of Bush's campaign manager with little experience in disaster management. Hey who screened that application! (that's sarcasm)
warch is offline   Reply With Quote