View Single Post
Old 07-21-2002, 08:05 PM   #4
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Helos can be very unwlecome guests in residential neighborhoods. When I was learning to fly many moons ago, the guy who owned the airport where I was learning brought his Bell Jet Ranger back from upstate with a bullet hole in it. Some folks just don't like helos. 'Namvets especially.

I wonder if this guy just didn't take a potshot at the helo thinking nobody would know where the shot came from. The pilot didn't know the aircraft had been hit until he saw a caution light on his panel The guy's lawyer prolly told him to plead that he thought the helo was terrorists.

Apparently the helo hovered 20 feet over this guy's garage while setting up for the landing....he being inside the garage at the time. It then dropped lower over his driveway for a landing across the street The pilot has also been charged with reckless operation of aircraft, and could spend a month in jail.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote