View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 09:17 AM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Talk to the Hand

Lynn Truss, the author of EATS, SHOOTS AND LEAVES has a new one out, titled TALK TO THE HAND about the astonishing level of rudeness we encounter in every day situations. I was thinking about how I felt after reading some posts in the Politics Forum and I've identified what this vague, shadow-boxing aggression does to me: it makes me weary. Very, very weary. I'm not upset, or impressed. I'm not frightened or angry. I'm just...really tired. I think that the screaming, vein-popping animosity that people feel entitled to give vent to is a consequence of something greater. I am going to make a conscious effort to hold back and observe. I'm also going to try to do better. That is how tired I am.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote