View Single Post
Old 06-22-2001, 12:19 PM   #1
kezdeth
Colorado Linux Geek

First, what this will and will not be. This will be a series of clean posts, intended humorously, that relate the strange and weird things the average Tech sees while working for an ISP. There will not be any names mentioned, as this happens at all ISP's, not just this one. I also will not be on some crusade to abuse users, as you see just as many Dimwit Stunts from the Techs as the Users. End of prologue, and on to the first tale. Commentary, of course, is most welcome!<p>So I get a call from this user who, for the past month and a half has been watching as every piece of email he receives is duplicated and forwarded to an address at excite.com and <i>only today</i> decided that there might be something not quite kosher about that!<p>Naturally, he has <b>no</b> anti-virus software installed, and of course that plus the fact that he obviously got infected is the fault of the ISP!<p>This one's a treasure, if only for the fact that he watched this go on for six weeks before he decided to look into it. <i>(I only hope that no one he knows sent him anything that should not be seen all over the globe!)</i>