View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 01:30 AM   #1
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Why I Would Prefer Not to Have Neighbors

Because skirmishes in a neighbor war suck.

I have been living in my apartment complex for 11 or maybe 12 years. I previously lived in a different unit in the complex for 4 years.

I have neighbors who moved in last summer. Two young men, probably in their 30s. I do not know if they are a couple or merely roommates.

They do not seem to have any female friends, but that's not important right now.

These neighbors (immediate next door, step-sharing neighbors, which is what makes them extra-horrendous) are not good neighbors.

One of their first actions on moving in was to cut about half of the branches off the willow tree that stands behind my back patio (not theirs) because the droopyness inconvenienced them.

They have exceptionally loud parties. They like house and trance music. They turn it up to 11. At 3AM. They also turn it up to 11 before midnight, but up until then I have a higher tolerance level. My television also has a volume button.

They had a drunken party on Halloween night and smashed pumpkins against the wall and door of my unit. They were, to be fair, their own pumpkins.

Tonight, however, takes the fucking cake.

I do not have direct evidence of their involvement. Just a suspicion. And a reasonably good one according to the very nice Sergeant of my local police department who came to my residence.

As I came in the door tonight, I unlocked it and then went to turn the knob, and came away with a handful of whitish, creamy substance.

Eeeeeaaaauuw. Actually, triple yecccccch with a side order of Eeeeeeaaaaauuw.

The substance appears to have been some variety of hand cream or liquid soap. So, it's merely juvenile rather than hitting the extremely gross level.

But I am very, very pissed.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote