Thread: Paint it Black
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 12:27 PM   #99
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

There are a few common denominators that are repeatedly displayed by new members who end up getting the stinkeye from Cellarites:

1) Those who immediately start posting items that they think are "provocative", with no other purpose than to rouse rabble. Not cute, not creative...just *intolerably irritating*. Poking the hornets nest with a stick is *not* participation.

2) Those who arrive with an axe to grind, chip on the shoulder or some blatantly singular cause. Not interesting and too one-dimensional and usually ends up being too self-righteous to stand.

3) Those who attempt to portray themselves as something they clearly are not. Cellarites are not stupid, nor gullible, and do not long tolerate someone who seems to believe they are.

4) Those who lecture or claim to know the One Right Way of Things. For every philosophical "fact" there is a diametrically opposing "fact", and you can bet you'll hear it sooner rather than later here.

The Cellar tolerates and even comes to accept and occasionally defend the overbearing, the foolish, the tasteless, the spelling-challenged, the downtrodden, the hopeless, the arrogant - even the rude and callous sometimes. What we don't dig is someone who comes along, farts in the elevator, and then waits to see who gets off at the next floor. Now, come to The Cellar, check the lay of the land, join the community, and you can rip a nasty one off - and we'll kick the dog for you.

Last edited by Elspode; 02-27-2006 at 12:30 PM.
Elspode is offline   Reply With Quote