View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 07:46 PM   #8
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
There's no need to police a strong community - the people set their own agenda and police it themselves through mores....If it was harshly policed it wouldn't survive, either. We want to be free to talk about anything that occurs to us.....
I am here partly just because this forum has adults, or at least mature minds, which can and will deal with situations and people in ways that bring resolutions rather than open warfare. Unfortunately, I get to see the other side of that coin every day and it is very annoying and stressful. I have to monitor a forum where the rules are very strict and failure to adhere to them or challenging the people who enforce them leads to banning. But the participants at my "other forum" are extremely immature and many of them are perfect little shitheads who obviously want to claim "rights" they have read about in canned speaches but which they do not deserve. Because an entertainer pays for that forum, I do what SHE wants, not what some brat with an attitude wants to turn the forum into. It's impossible to raise somebody else's kids online, especially considering how many countries and cultures they are coming from, and I don't want that job anyway. Instead, I have to take all the gunfire and hate because it's easier for them to blame me and the other moderators than to admit that their idol might actually not WANT all their half-baked opinions, egos, and acting out. I can come to The Cellar and watch serious life in action. People who can make things happen, people who can express themselves, people who have different attitudes but who (mostly) do not want to kill me for mine. It's a breath of fresh air, even when somebody farts