View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 09:38 PM   #11
marichiko

Hi, Mundane Gorilla! What an amusing user name! Did you pick it just to tick Urbane off?

As far as what should be printed on our money, I think "My Precious" should suffice.

With all due respect to my friend, Sycamore, I have never understood the purpose of a business degree. When I was but a lass getting my Master's degree in library and information science ( a fancy name for library school), we had to take several classes from the college of business as part of the requirement for the degree. I was never so bored in my life! The class in management, especially, ticked me off with its over-all stupidity. When I finally rose in my career to the point where I was managing my own small library, I just let people do their jobs. It worked beautfully. I assumed that the staff was there for the same reason as me - that they simply loved books. I wasn't going to manage anyone else's love affair. I managed the budget - ie bought books and periodicals and didn't spend more than what our budget allowed and did the reference desk work. The shelvers shelved, and the catalogers cataloged, and I snuck cigarettes on the loading dock with the janitor at break time. What the hell does anyone need a degree in management for?

Last edited by marichiko; 03-25-2006 at 10:35 PM.