Thread: My baby-girl!
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 09:18 AM   #57
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

It was really tough sending Rugrat to daycare, but I did a lot of research. Including spending at LEAST an hour hanging out in the infant rooms of the couple of places I had narrowed it down to after visiting about 8 that made the initial cuts. Before she actually started in the one she is in now, I spent a couple of hours there for the Thurs and Fri before the Mon she actually started. They welcomed me and thought that it was a great idea. The first day, a few hours after I had been at work there was a telephione call for me. It was the daycare, just calling to let me know she was doing fine. !! Well over half of the staff that was there 3 years ago are still there, as well as most of the kids that she started with.

Our main concern in having another is/was the time crunch. As the first little one gets older and more independant, you find you gradully have more and more free time to yourself, time alone the 2 of you, as well as a lot more frequent full nights of sleep. (Oh Yeah!!) Up until recently I wasn't ready to give that up, but the scales have ever so slightly tipped in the "it's only for a short time, and totally worth it" direction, for me anyhow.