View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 12:58 PM   #28
lsd4all
Non-Newbie Sort

Unhappy more

warch:
a good portion of this event is populated by the bike messengers who in my opinion put up with the cars for 29 days of each month and this is their payback. there are also many other bike-conscience groups who are part of this event as well as the daily bike commuters and recreational bikers.

russotto:
you are right about most of the attitudes in the photos, it seems like everyone <i>except</i> the cops are making the best of this situation. let me direct you back to my first post with the URL's. the portland cops have a bad reputation of dealing with large groups of people whether they are peaceful protesters or CM riders and this is another bad mark for them.

dhamsaic & tobiasly:
portland prides itself on white middle-upper class diversity and our mayor and police chief have been making some bad police-related decisions inthe past years. there are too many cars in this little city, so my personal opinions are all over the map on the CM/police interactions. I dont praise the cops for a job well donw, they also pepper sprayed babies (who brings their baby to a protest?) in the Bush protest a few weeks ago, but I will post some photos on that if I can find them. I think I submitted this post with many intentions; CM being the first, how our police act and a sign for things to come in our town. I hate "what if's", but would that photo mean the same if the "one less car" guy was black?

all:
I like this board and dont mind the criticism.
lsd4all is offline   Reply With Quote