View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 03:41 PM   #12
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
A Coloradoan, a Texan, and a Californian were all sitting in a little Colorado bar having a drink together. The Californian finished off his white wine spritzer, and to the astonishment of the other two, threw his wine glass at the wall, shattering the glass into a 100 broken shards. The Californian smirked and announced, "In California, we have so much money, we never drink out of the same wine glass twice."

The Texan, not to be outdone, gulped his shot of Jack Daniels, threw the shot glass at the wall, and said, "In Texas, we have so much sand, we never drink out of the same shot glass twice."

The Coloradoan stared at the Texan and Californian, chugged his can of Coors, crumpled it up, and drew out a gun and shot the Texan and Californian. He announced to the rest of the bar, "In Colorado, we have so many Texans and Californians, we never drink with the same ones twice."

Diversity does not come easy to ANY group!
I finally found and read this - it's difficult to have a polite conversation in the midst of all this bickering! Anyway, when I was in Colorado several years back, I noticed this strange phenomenon of negative feelings about Texans, which I finally have an explanation for. Thanks. What's funny is, people would say "You're from Texas?! You don't seem like a Texan." I like the joke.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote