View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 10:48 PM   #11
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordon
Oh, and someone please call the Office of Homleand Security. We seem to have a call to violence here. I just about died laughing just now.
You just keep on laughing, Scooter; that intended-to-initimidate "get beck in the closet" line was a real hoot.

Actually, it's a call to self-defense. DHS already knows all about me, since I'm licenced for concealed carry in 29 states. Apparently they don't have a problem.

Our chapter meets once a month for lunch and then adjourns to the range for practice. There's something in excess of 35 local chapters nationwide.

It's just not as safe as it used to be to pull a Matthew Shepard; bashers had best choose their victims very carefully--as my partner said during some local media coverage a few years ago "some of the sheep have teeth now".

So next time you think the "pendulum has swung", just remeber there's more than one pendulum in motion.

Oh, by the way...image credit for that last post: Oleg Volk

Last edited by MaggieL; 04-25-2006 at 10:51 PM.
MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote