View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 02:19 PM   #194
mrnoodle
bent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin
because I can see how some people would be dumb enough to think that people actually choose to be gay.

Anyway... enough about the ignorant...because some of these christians arent ignorant, so lets address that. Why is being gay a sin, when we have zero control over our sexual orientation? I just dont understand that.
Well, according to Christianity, we have zero control over sin period, as we are born sinful. NOT sinning is what takes conscious thought -- sinning is the natural way. I'm not sure that sexual preference is coded at birth, though. Either way, if you want to know why homosexual behavior (not predilection) is a sin, you have to ask God. Christians believe the bible is the inspired word of God, and in the bible says homosexuality is a sin. There are separate arguments to be had over the existence of God, the divinity of the teachings in the bible, old testament vs new testament, etc. etc.