Thread: The Rock 64!
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 09:21 PM   #9
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Musical things never work out exactly to one's taste eh!

I'll call RS out... for not liking the Beatles because they were too commercial, and then settling on No Doubt for pure fandomhood. This makes no sense, therefore you must acquit.
Thank you for calling me out. Even my sister was surprised at my loving No Doubt.

At different stages in my life, I was obsessed with different things. When I was 16 yo in 1971, it was all about the instruments and musianship. Nothing less the Prog Rock mattered at all. Nothing I listened to played on the radio.

By the time 1980 hit, I was done with modern music. It all sucked. It could not compare with Dark Side of the Moon, Blondie, A Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Tales from Topographic Oceans. I mean, what was the point of listening to any new music when it all sucked to high heaven.

Fast Forward to 1998, when I decided that my IRL personality was really female living in a male body. Then, all I could listen to were Female-Fronted Rock Bands. During this period, my first love was Natlie Merchant with "Tiger Lily", quickly followed by Gwen Stefani and No Doubt with "Tragic Kingdom" (10x Platnum).

I first registered a Gwennie! personality on a forum in April 2000.

Female-fronted rock bands. Think about it. In the history of Rock there are only about 50 of them. We couldn't even field a Cellar-64 Top Female-Fronted Rock Bands.

.......RockSteady/Gwennie!

PS: I'm just a girl