Thread: Grave's disease
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 12:14 AM   #10
charlene
Future world traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
I have it!

Anyone have any stories? I'm not too concerned -- I just have to take a thyroid pill for the rest of my life
I have it, too!! And after more than ten years of taking a pill every morning, you'd think it would become automatic, but it doesn't--I still forget occasionally.

My story is similar to yours, mrnoodle. I started losing weight and muscle tone (couldn't even push myself up from a sitting position if my butt was lower than my knees), but blamed it on full time college and part time jobs, plus, I wasn't a spring chick any more. Unlike you, I really had no appetite and only ate because I figured I should do that occasionally.

I was finally diagnosed as 'hyper' and took the propylthyouracil for a while. Then I was hospitalized because my arm swelled up from my elbow to my fingertips for no apparent reason. The local hospital couldn't get my heart rate down, so they transferred me across the state to a Medical School, where I spent another 39 days, had the radioactive iodine, was overdosed with heart medicine, had an atypical near-death experience and was revived from CHF and they only charged me a hundred grand!

Life is definitely interesting!

Last edited by charlene; 04-30-2006 at 12:27 AM.
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote