View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 09:16 PM   #18
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakdivers
I've always been interested in Maine Coons. Do either of yours swim?
The only breed of cat who regularly swims is the Turkish Van. I have several friends in Turkey who assure me it is absolutely true, they are known to hunt ducks and fish while swimming in the reedy shallows of the lake which give them their name.

The Rock and Sascha do not swim that we know of. Maybe they would but there is no place where they would get the chance since they live with the momster. But T'Pau, Queen of the Universe, is another story. She will try to climb into anything with more than a cup of water in it, and her habit of furiously digging in her water bowl and only drinking water from the top of her paw nearly destroyed my kitchen floor before I moved her bowl into the bath tub. I did not know this was a Maine Coon trait until I read the cover story on them in Cat Fancy a few months ago. I always assumed she was a Norwegian, but now I know. I lie there at night, listening to her romping in the water bowl and playing in the tub. There are paw prints from the water all over the wooden floors of my house.