Thread: suicide
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 11:16 AM   #9
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

It is very important for your daughter to know and internalize the fact that this young woman did NOT kill herself because of an unreturned phone call. When a determined suicide makes the decision...the successful suicides I've seen in my career were suffering from a brain chemistry imbalance, they were mentally ill at the time of the decision and the action. Breaking up with a boyfriend is just one thing that can push a suicide over the final edge, but, they were lurking there long before. Someone who jumps is not asking for help. Someone who jumps has made up her mind. It is imperative that your daughter get some sort of counseling about this. I'm sure the school has counselors there now and perhaps all week.

Suicide is utimately a selfish act. When people are mentally ill, (and my belief is that you must be to off yourself) and in so much pain, they just want OUT of the pain. Your daughter didn't cause the pain. She couldn't cure it, either.

Goddess be with you, BigV, and your family and the young woman's. How very, very sad.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote