View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 10:48 AM   #12
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
To expand on what LJ said, losing weight and keeping it off requires a lifestyle change. A change in what you do and how you think. Some may say a pardigm shift. How you got to your weight took choices all along the way. You need to look at the choices you will make from now on.

You aren't a victim, you chose. You can choose differently. It takes a lot of awareness to snap out of habitual actions. I remember one time I decided I was going to "give pastries a rest". Not twenty minutes after that I was in a cafe and about to put a brownie in my mouth. I would have eaten it, but I dropped it and it fell onto a really grimy floor. As I stood there looking down at it I remembered that I had just decided that I wasn't going to eat pastries.

This wasn't lack of will power, this was TOTAL AMNESIA.

A really thought provoking movie I just saw was "what the bleep do we know?" It is more like a discovery channel/documentary than a feature film. It explores the nature of consciousness and how it is tied to our physical self. It looks at the connections from a biochemical point of view rather than a new age-y pov. Although, jz knight and ramtha appear, so I guess that makes it fair and balanced. /sarcasm

anyhow, good luck. You'll find no shortage of advice here, worth every penny you pay for it.