View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 06:12 PM   #8
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclefrance
Heather Mills (the soon to be ex Mrs McCartney) was actually less than a week away from marrying one Chris Terrill, a freelance photographer (he's actually just produced a documentary on the Royal de Luxe event in London last month - French giant elephant and girl thingy) - she wwent out to meet her sister at Heathrow airport (she was flying in from Greece for the wedding ) and she never came back - just phoned her fiance to say it was never going to happen. She'd met McCartney a few weeks before, he called round to donate £400,000 towards her landmines charity.

She lost her leg as UT said. She is looking for a huge divorce settlement which she says is to further her work with landmines victims. She seems to be a complex character inside who tries to show a simple character on the outside. I guess McCartney can afford it. Chris Terrill wrote a very amusing an informative open letter to Macca in the Sunday Times - worth reading if you can get hold of a copy... probably will be reproduced on the net somewhere, I'll have a look and edit this post if I find it - or else add it as a separate wentry.

He can afford it? You must be a woman. No man would say, "Oh, it's just 600 million dollars. He can afford it."

They were married for less than 4 years and she gets 600 million dollars?!? She got to live in mansions, tour the world, eat great food, and sleep with a Beatle. She should be paying him.